Monday, May 24, 2010

Mice in my flower beds help!?

mice are burrowing around my hostus how to keep them out?

Mice in my flower beds help!?
You need to put the Hostas into pots and then bury the pots in the soil until only about 6" sticks up from the soil. Those mice are voles and they will eat the Hosta bulbs. Alternately, you can buy a predatory non-poisonous snake that is indigenous to your area and release it in your garden - but that is normally frowned upon in most social circles! LOL


You can buy a cat, but not all cats are mousers and not all will catch voles for you. My cat did not stop the voles, but a few wild blacksnakes moved into the yard for a few summers and those voles were cleaned out in a hurry - I hope they come back soon, because the voles are starting to breed up again!

shoe buckles

No comments:

Post a Comment