Saturday, November 19, 2011

How do I stop all the wild buttercups spreading in my flower beds?

The easiest method is to carefully spray the leaves with a systemic weed killer. Make sure it is done on a wind free day though, to avoid other plants getting sprayed.





Buttercups (Ranunculus), can be very thuggish in the flower beds, and seem much stronger than those in the lawn.





You could try digging them out, but I experienced long underground roots, all because I had planted their attractive "relations" once!!





Hopefully after a few days you will notice them dying off, but leave taking them out until they are really gone, so it gives the weedkiller time to get to the heart of the roots...





Good Luck!

How do I stop all the wild buttercups spreading in my flower beds?
Dig them up with a trowel and leave no trailer roots behind.
Reply:The most effective way to stop them in their tracks would be to dig them out. As long as you get the crown out you will succeed in getting rid of them.


No comments:

Post a Comment