Monday, May 11, 2009

How do I eliminate crab grass from my flower beds?

I have a retaining wall that has several places where the core of the crab grass is growing behind it. It sends out fingerlings through the cracks. Everything else is covered with black weed free and then wood chips. This stuff attaches to ANY little dirt that has drifted into the chips and sends out fingers. I am concerned what spraying will do to my Irish Moss which is in close proximity.

How do I eliminate crab grass from my flower beds?
~ I have had this problem with crab grass growing close to tender plants. I wear gloves and then pour round up into a small dish and then use a paintbrush to paint the roundup onto just the crabgrass leaving the other plants untouched. Once the grass is all dried out and dead you can pull it out roots and all easily.
Reply:Good old hand weeding seems to be the best choice in this case... fast and simple.





What you're describing, however, does not sound like crabgrass.


http://www.ipm.ucdavis.edu/PMG/WEEDS/cra...


No comments:

Post a Comment