Tuesday, November 17, 2009

I want to mulch flower beds. I have the length and width of each flower bed and want it 1 1/2 inches. Help me?

Well, 1.5 inches is 1/8th of a foot, or .125 feet, so multiply your (length x width x .125) to figure out how many cubic feet of mulch you need to buy.





Also, you may want to put weed barrier down with just a cutout around each plant- it'll help keep weeds from pushing up through the mulch.





That's not very deep though, you probably want to go 2.5-3 inches to allow for the mulch to settle over time.





2.5 inches = .208 feet (length x width x .208)


3 inches= .25 feet (length x width x .25)

I want to mulch flower beds. I have the length and width of each flower bed and want it 1 1/2 inches. Help me?
Depends what you want the mulch to do. I'm guessing you want to know about mulching materials, what would be good for you? Depends what you want it to do.





Chipped bark would be good for improving the soil over time as it breaks down and gets mixed with the soil. It doesn't feed the soil much though.





Composted grass, leaves, weeds, etc. improves the soil structure and also adds nutrients.





There are also other soil improvers that can be added to the soil surface as well as decorative mulches including decorative stones.

horns

No comments:

Post a Comment