Sunday, November 15, 2009

How can I keep squirels out of my flower beds?

I wouldn't waste too much time with the home remedies or sprays, they really don't work very well for rodents such as squirrels.





The only deterrent that does seem to work well is a motion activated water sprinkler. You can find these by searching for "squirrel sprinkler" on Yahoo or Google.





Other than that, the best option would probably be to eliminate the critters all together. Try a Havahart brand trap sized for squirrels. They seem to work the best.





If you trap them, make sure to release them several miles away, or they will find their way back. Squirrels are very territorial.





Hope that helps!

How can I keep squirels out of my flower beds?
They sell commercial repellants such as Critter Ridder for cat goundhogs squirrels racoons and skunks.





My neighbor used moth balls in her potted plants.


No comments:

Post a Comment